Climbing, life, stuff...

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Roadside Distraction




I wish I had blackmail pics of the mess we left on Roadside attraction (5.7) at the Red River Gorge. Dan V. was supposed to second the route, but he decided it would be easier just to climb it and leave half the gear in various features much to the delight of Dan Braysack who got to clean up the mess. He got a free pizza out of it and I got all of my cams. Admittedly I place one #3 too tight but luckily it came out just as the sun completely set. Nothing like hiking out in pitch black!

We had a few nice days at the Red. We all got to climb some moderates. I onsighted my first 11 at the Red (Touch of Grey 11a) and surprisingly got my butt kicked on Ro Shampoo (12a). I was feeling a little sick that day and I look forward to coming back stronger and cruising it. I did get to see some dude fall 50 feet off the anchors, about 5 feet off the deck. Nice belay, not.

Pics: Dan on Ro, Me on start of Roadside Attraction and Ro

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home